2. How that collective intelligence makes decisions and acts in the world?
3. How do we relate to it? How does it transform us? How do we transform it?
4. What happens to learning in a collective intelligence?
Thanks to the internet, we are now more equipped to interact with masses, and observe them.
The internet is creating a new way of learning. After a certain age, we don't need schooling anymore. Here some growing trends:
- We can find the community, the mentor, the knowledge, and the job we need through the net.
- On knowledge, we are trusting crowds more than individuals.
- Answers to everything is on the net.
- The net becomes smarter with the interactions we bring to it. The net is always learning.
- A search will take you to a place you could't anticipate.
- Connecting with people will also take you to new networks, projects or communities.
- Sometimes you enter searching for something but the net tells you what you really need.
Learning doesn't follow a path, a 'course'. We learn more by intentionally exploring the net and less by programming the academic year. Learning is more in our hands but overwhelming. Learning is real.
The net is helping us to create more collective intelligences all the time. We can access them when we need them, ask a question, search, get an answer, participate here and there, and leave.
We can 'use' the net. But the net is also 'using us'. The net is the repository of the footprints of our individual intelligence, connecting and bouncing to other ones', and creating a bigger and better one. An intelligence that transcends individuals. That intelligence stays there when we leave, taking its own shapes and moving to its own new places. It's the sum of all of us without needing any of us. It has its own will and behaviours.
Let me repeat the four questions:
1. How do masses create an autonomous intelligence? --> the beginnings
2. How that collective intelligence makes decisions and acts in the world? --> its own live
3. How do we relate to it? How does it transform us? How do we transform it? --> it and us
4. What happens to learning in a collective intelligence? --> an autonomous thing
One day we will have MOOCs in which the collective intelligence will be evident. Transcending from the 'me knowing' to the 'us learning' to the 'it acting'.
A more intelligent and caring humanity.